Happy Friday, everyone. Happy weekend. Take some time for yourselves and enjoy life – where you happen to be in the world.
I happen to be in Malay, Aklan, Philippines, and I’d like to share 10 peaceful pictures with you from beautiful Boracay during this pandemic.
The current rules say I’m allowed to make the short journey to Boracay Island. I’m a temporary resident of this virus-free region, and I have a quarantine certificate from our two-week lockdown back in March.
Boracay was a famous vacation hot spot before ‘Rona racked havoc on the world.
10 Peaceful Pictures
Beautiful Boracay during the pandemic
1. It cost 80 cents from the port town of Caticlan to Boracay Island on an outrigger boat. The ride takes only five minutes.
2. A trike taxi ride from the Boracay Port to south end of White Beach costs 50 cents. Trees offer shade.
3. The sugary white sand is a famous attraction to ‘White Beach’.
4. Here is a piece of peace for you. With love. From the Philippines.
5. Maybe you had a stressful week. Maybe another view would help you feel better. It helps me.
6. Take it in – hear the soft sound of water rippling on the beach. The tide is going out.
7. Let’s walk north at a leisurely pace, kicking the water, looking at bits of coral stuck in the sand, the clouds moving in the sky, the trees bending in the breeze.
8. We will keep going north, lost in mental peace.
9. We are closer to the end of White Beach, which is about 2.5 miles long. We’ve hardly seen anyone – not even many footprints in the sand.
10. This is Boracay during the coronavirus pandemic of 2020. But it’s so achingly beautiful, that for a little while, we forgot what the hell is going on in the world.
Thanks for reading, “10 peaceful pictures I’d like to share from beautiful Boracay during the pandemic.”
Earth Vagabonds advocate for travel when borders reopen. Plan your next travel adventure with resources on our COVID-19 page.